Newscoma Has Moved
Friday, December 22, 2006
  The Social Scene In Hooterville Last night was the final party of the Christmas season at Tammy Lynette's. I think that Squirrelly didn't have a virus, but possibly a case of food poisoning so she laid about the house all day which I think suited her just fine as she needed it for more than just having yakked for six hours straight. Sometimes a person needs a mental health day as well. I'm no doctor, but this is what my gut is telling me. The tall brother from the Powers That Be showed up (Man, can he put away the beer being that he's like seven feet tall.) There are two brothers who own our paper, and this particular brother tends to make me tongue-tied. I'm sure I come off looking like an idiot around him, but actually I do dig him. I have a lot of respect for the tall Power That Be because I've never known him to lie to us. Sometimes he just doesn't answer the question. That is something I can live with. Rumors have been flying about several newspapers selling over here and we discussed that as well. I do listen. I do keep up with things going on, and I guess I wanted him to know that this is what I'm hearing. You see, sometimes my ego is huge and tattered and insane. I want them to know that I do a good job for them, but they aren't going to tell me this. I think it goes back to the people pleasing thing I suffered from when I was younger that I want to please the people in my life, but I'm just goofy enough that I want them to tell me that I'm doing well. I know. I'm pathetic. But as a woman working in an area where men dominate the profession, I can't help but sometimes overdo it trying to prove my worth. One overlying thing that I write about here is treating people with value, and, in turn, I want to be treated with value. Does that make sense? We exchanged some gifts amongst the clique and I was quite taken aback that Sara bought me a copy of "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein. It's a book, along with "The Little Prince" that makes me tear up. I got home and found myself touching the slick green cover, knowing that this was a gift with meaning. It seemed that there was a hidden message that only she and I know and I found myself overcome with emotion. Sometimes life is like that. So I'm finishing the paper out this morning, PDFing it over to The Powers That Be, than I'm headed out to finish my Christmas shopping. It was a fine time, other than me being tongue-tied and feeling sort of stupid, and I realized that despite everything, I am blessed. 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Nothing here to see, head to www.newscoma.wordpress.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, Afghanistan
Archives


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]