Newscoma Has Moved
Friday, December 29, 2006
  "Dancing Around The Body" It's over. CNN is reporting the Iraqi government has pictures and videos of Hussein's execution. They are also saying they will review them to before they determine what they will show us as, the viewer. I hope not, quite frankly. I think it sets up a really creepy precedent. It's being reported that his executioners danced around his body. Of course no one can be sure what this actually means. And yet, the debate is about whether or not people need to see this to prove he actually is dead, that it's not a ruse. Incidentally, this is the picture I usually attribute to Hussein. I don't know why, but it resonates with me because it reeks of so much wasted, evil power. He was a bad man and although that sounds like a naive statement, it really is as simple as that. I don't think his death is going to change anything though. Some folks will be pleased but there most likely will be an upsurge of violence. Will see what happens long-term. At this point, I'm just watching it unfold. UPDATE: Here's a link regarding the issues of television footage of the execution of Hussein. 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Nothing here to see, head to www.newscoma.wordpress.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, Afghanistan
Archives


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]