Newscoma Has Moved
Sunday, November 05, 2006
  Finney/McLeary Race The race between Democrat Lowe Finney and Republican Don McLeary is headed toward the finish line. I'm still of the opinion that Finney will have a seat at Bredesen's table if elected which is good for his district, while McLeary will have to prove his loyalty to both parties after jumping the shark from Democrat to Republican this year. I just read the story on the Jackson Sun, and the picture they have of Lowe is terrible. It's murky and dark while McLeary's isn't. I don't know why this struck me, but it did. I've made no bones about the fact that I'm friends with Lowe and his family. His father, Rick, said to me a before I went out on medical leave something I find very quote worthy. "The democratic party is the party of inclusion, that includes Christians." One thing you may not know about Lowe, and I've known him his whole life, is that he doesn't just talk the talk when it comes to his faith, he walks it as well. As long as I've known him, he's been a church goer and actively exploring his faith. When he was younger and we hung out a bit, he was always involved in his church. You see, I've seen this. I've seen Lowe put it into action. Now why am I bringing this up. With everything going on in the media right now, I do know there are people out there whose faith is real. I respect people's faith and I also respect people who do not use religion as a weapon. If a person is sincere in their faith and don't use it for gain, I respect that. Listen, I'm going to be honest here. I'm one raunchy broad. I considered, however, when I was younger to going to college and majoring in theology. Betcha didn't know that. All faiths intrigue me. But what intrigues me more is people who practice their beliefs in small, meaningful ways. I've seen Lowe Finney do this. And I've seen him do it long before he ever ran for office. I can't vote in this race, but I want to see Lowe do well. One last thought, and it's not mine and actually came from RQ. McLeary, who I also know and who is a nice enough fellow, has talked about things he accomplished in his four years in Nashville. He got these things done with the help of his party, and back then it was the Democratic Party. Will he have that if he's re-elected? I'm not so sure. This is all just food for thought and I must say, this is personal for me. I like Lowe, win or lose, and that won't change. Talk amongst yourselves.
Photo of Lowe Finney and his father, Rick, from the www.lowefinney.com
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Nothing here to see, head to www.newscoma.wordpress.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, Afghanistan
Archives


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]