Newscoma Has Moved
Monday, October 09, 2006
  Fractures Part Five I watched "The War Room" yesterday with the sister, getting a viewing off a particularly good (and free) Showtime weekend. We were moved. The year that Clinton was elected was a good time for us. We campaigned for him, thought he might do some good and in essence, the Clinton years were good for us. My mother was still alive and she loved Bill Clinton. My Dad was a Perot guy. We all voted for change. You see, we saw Clinton as positive. For us personally, for the nation and for the world. Did he make mistakes, Sure He Did, but we liked him none the less. The cover of Time magazine this week is asking if the Republican Revolution is over. I don't know if it is or not. If our country cares more about the Foley scandal than it does over soldiers dying in Iraq in a war we can't win or the fact that we are losing individual liberties faster than you can say the name "Mark Foley", I'm worried. But the Foley situation is a symptom of a bigger problem if you ask me. The problem is that we need more balance in Washington. If one party runs the show, then these sort of alleged (newspaper person coming out in me) coverups appear to come out of the woodwork. We read constantly about the possibility of rigged voting, about tapping of our phones, about the virtual destruction of our standing in the global community, nuclear tests being conducted in North Korea, outing of CIA spies who don't agree with this administration and the list goes on. And I have friends who made it out of Iraq who may have to go back very soon. I felt hope when Clinton was in office. I don't feel hope now at all. I see spin. I see power being more important than anything else, and it's overwhelming. I wish to feel hope again in my country, not fear. So, yeah, I miss Bill Clinton. Did he make mistakes? Yes. I could forgive Geo. Bush and the clan of making mistakes as well, but I don't think I can be as forgiving when decisions are made to violate my country's civil rights and change the constitution I'm quite fond of. So is the Republian Revolution over? I doubt it. Are there fractures in the walls, Yes. I've been saying that for months. 
Comments:
Hubby and I watched The War Room again recently, and I actually cried, remembering how hopeful the time felt, and comparing it to our present state of affairs.

*sigh*
 
Did not Clinton sell us out to the Chineese? was he a tratior?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Nothing here to see, head to www.newscoma.wordpress.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, Afghanistan
Archives


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]