Newscoma Has Moved
Thursday, September 28, 2006
  State of Denial As a kid, I loved "All the President's Men." It was one of the first "adult" movies I ever went to and it stayed with me. It was the first time I ever considered anything political. All of it was amazing to me. This, and my granddad making me watch the Watergate hearing when I was around nine years old, kept me mesmorized and I came out in support of Jimmy Carter when I was 11. Yeah, I started early. I can't even get my 10 year old niece to watch Jon Stewart with me and she thinks he's a "hottie." The circle of life I guess. My mother didn't care about politics when she was a kid being mesmerized by Paul Anka and Elvis Presley. Anyway, Bob Woodward confuses me. I have not read his book "State of Denial", and their are times I adored his bravery as a child and as I got older I found him to be sensationalistic. I have thought in later years that he prescribed to the same level of self-importance that I find many politicians do. But in his new book, it appears that he is going to be bold in his reporting on the Iraq War. I cannot say that he will or won't be, as I haven't read the book, but I find this to be very interesting. This is from CBS' website.
Veteran Washington reporter Bob Woodward tells Mike Wallace that the Bush administration has not told the truth regarding the level of violence, especially against U.S. troops, in Iraq. He also reveals key intelligence that predicts the insurgency will grow worse next year.ccording to Woodward, insurgent attacks against coalition troops occur, on average, every 15 minutes, a shocking fact the administration has kept secret. "It’s getting to the point now where there are eight-, nine-hundred attacks a week. That's more than 100 a day. That is four an hour attacking our forces," says Woodward. The situation is getting much worse, says Woodward, despite what the White House and the Pentagon are saying in public. "The truth is that the assessment by intelligence experts is that next year, 2007, is going to get worse and, in public, you have the president and you have the Pentagon [saying], 'Oh, no, things are going to get better,'" he tells Wallace. "Now there’s public, and then there’s private. But what did they do with the private? They stamp it secret. No one is supposed to know," says Woodward.
So we will see. I'm going to check it out as I do like to read him. I don't know if his allegations are based in fact or not, although it would be very silly if he didn't have documentation to back up his claims. I don't know. But I will watch it. The Washington Post will be running some excerpts on Sunday from the book. And I doubt in this day and age if it will stick to the teflon president. 
Comments:
I was reading a review of the book just the other day. I would really like to read it, but I just can't bear the depression of what I already know the truth to be. I've spoken with Norwegian and Danish Forces members, whom were probably not supposed to speak of what they did, nevertheless, they're beyond shellshocked. Yes, despite what Bush would have you believe, Norway has some of their men down there, and not as part of the UN.

Vietnam will soon look like child's play compared to what these men have seen. It's the sort of things reported back from Kosovo. We cannot win this, because there is no base to win ON - it's a neverending war and a slow genocide that Bush has to pay for. Publicly and shamefully. Otherwise we'll never heal.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Nothing here to see, head to www.newscoma.wordpress.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, Afghanistan
Archives


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]