Newscoma Has Moved
Saturday, September 02, 2006
  Bruce Campbell Is Cool Okay, I love Bruce Campbell. And this makes me happy.
The movie's plot is as natural as it is ingenious: Bruce Campbell (playing himself) is mistaken for his EVIL DEAD character, Ash, by the members of small Oregon town and is forced to fight a real monsters terrorizing the town's inhabitants. Click on the image below and you'll be spirited away to Fangoria, where you can see more than just the beard and hand of one of those monsters (including another of the movie's creatures altogether). Filming on BRUCE, which is also directed by Campbell, recently wrapped Oregon and, like I mentioned above (actually, those were Bruce's own words), the movie is likely to be ready for audiences around February.
Yeah. I dig Bruce Campbell. He's my secret boyfriend. B-Movies rule. 
Comments:
Most curious about this movie -- about two or three years ago, a young man I worked with in a Summmer Filmmaking Seminar for students returned to Morristown after college seeking financing for a script he had - it was about a group of people in a town overrun with monsters who mistakenly believe that Ash from Evil Dead (Campbell) was real, and kidnap the actor to help them.
I'm pretty sure he got a copy of his script into Campbell's hands, but his name is nowhere to be found in this very similar movie Campbell has made.

I'll be very disappointed in Campbell if the script got stolen from this young writer (and yeah, because I was gonna get to help out with his movie!)
 
Wow. And I mean wow.
I honestly don't know what to say.
I'll be disappointed as well.
 
Holy crap! I got so excited after reading the post, but Joe's comment has me worried now. I'd be interested in hearing any follow-up about this Joe, if you uncover anything.

Also, Bruce Campbell is H. O. T. Hot.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Nothing here to see, head to www.newscoma.wordpress.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, Afghanistan
Archives


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]