Newscoma Has Moved
Friday, July 07, 2006
  You Take The Bull, I'll Take The Fainting Goats I live in rural Tennessee. I know about fainting goats, which are quite amusing, and a bit about cows, as my grandfather had a farm. He lived in town, but he would go out to check on his livestock quite frequently and a variety of chickens, which I'm not fond of. So I know a bit about bulls, and although I wouldn't mind sitting on a balcony watching the chaos, there is no way in hell I would do this.

PAMPLONA, Spain An upstate New York man is partially paralyzed and in serious condition after a mock bullfight following the running of the bulls today in Pamplona.

Seven other people were hospitalized after being gored or trampled in Spain's most famous festival.Ray Ducharme, a 31-year-old bond trader for Bank of America from Bath in Steuben County, was injured in what is known as a vaquilla, in which hundreds of people chase five cows around the bull ring.The cows are smaller than fighting bulls and have less imposing horns, but they still weigh hundreds of pounds and can be threatening.Ducharme was thrown by a young cow and underwent a 90-minute operation to reattach two vertebrae.
Go on. Mock me for my lack of fun and frivolity, but a bull will kick your butt before going to spend some time with aa pretty hiefer and not think twice about it.
 
Comments:
A true story - i knew a farmer a few years back who somehow ended up with a herd of fainting goats and one of them turned out to be on half fainting goat.

His kids would go up and try and scare that wee goat and more than once i saw that goat totally freeze up on the rear legs while the front legs would be just fine and it would fall right over.

We all laughed so much, i'm sure it will be one of the reasons i go to hell.
 
As my friend Tim, who could pass for one of Hank Hill's friends would say...."Thempeople'srazymanthemrunningdownthestreetwithbullschasingthemthatscrazyman.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Nothing here to see, head to www.newscoma.wordpress.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, Afghanistan
Archives


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]