Newscoma Has Moved
Monday, July 03, 2006
  "It's A Series Of Tubes" says Stevens Before I go out for the Georgia sights, I have to refer to this because it is truly the funniest thing I've seen in awhile. Funny, scary if you know what I mean and I think you do. Over at Firedoglake, there is a post about Sen. Ted Stevens, who obviously knows nothing about the internet.
So you want to talk about the consumer? Let's talk about you and me. We use this internet to communicate and we aren't using it for commercial purposes. We aren't earning anything by going on that internet. Now I'm not saying you have to or you want to discrimnate against those people [...] The regulatory approach is wrong. Your approach is regulatory in the sense that it says "No one can charge anyone for massively invading this world of the internet". No, I'm not finished. I want people to understand my position, I'm not going to take a lot of time. [?] They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the internet. And again, the internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck. It's a series of tubes.
Huh? This guy is handling net neutrality issues?Course he didn't have the votes, but jeez. Sen. Ted Stevens, sound familiar? Bridge to nowhere, Drilling the wildlife reserve guy. Here's the audio. I'm just laughing but then again, isn't it sort of scary too. 
Comments:
Awwww, come on sweetie, he don't have ta know nuthin 'bout them tubes, or the size uh the tubes, er nuthin', he just has ta know the size uh the bills, er, 'n the right guy that whut writes them other kinda bills. :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Nothing here to see, head to www.newscoma.wordpress.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, Afghanistan
Archives


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]