Newscoma Has Moved
Friday, July 21, 2006
  Departing Americans Here is the Israel/Lebanon story that caught my eye.
The pace of the departure of Americans from Lebanon in the face of bombing by Israeli warplanes quickened Thursday, as more ships moved into position off Beirut and made the 100-mile dash to Cyprus.

On Thursday about 2,250 Americans left Lebanon, and another 3,000 are expected to depart Friday, State Department officials said. So far, the number of "assisted departures" is approximately 3,850 out of an estimated 25,000 Americans in country.

I was asked about my feelings on this. When it comes to this region of the world, I just don't know what's going on. The pacifist in me, and the human being who is seeing so much loss of life there and in Iraq, cringes. 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Nothing here to see, head to www.newscoma.wordpress.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, Afghanistan
Archives


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]