Newscoma Has Moved
Thursday, May 25, 2006
  One Million To Vote? This is utterly amazing to me.
(AP) An Arizona political activist is placing his bets that a proposal to pay one lucky voter $1 million will drive people to the polls. Dr. Mark Osterloh, an ophthalmologist who has run unsuccessfully for governor and the Legislature, filed paperwork Monday to put the idea before state voters on the 2006 ballot. "Who do you know that doesn't want to be a millionaire? What's the worst thing that could happen? Everybody who's eligible to vote could be voting," he said.
I need to think about this. I just see this not working ethically right out of the hatch or at least that's my gut reaction to this news. 
Comments:
I heard about this yesterday on NPR and threw right up. It's wrong. Just wrong.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Nothing here to see, head to www.newscoma.wordpress.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, Afghanistan
Archives


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]