Newscoma Has Moved
Thursday, May 11, 2006
  Bear's Birthday Bear is seven today. She is filled with light, has a loud mouth and cusses like a sailor. We have to sort of stay on her about it, and I have to leave the room usually laughing because I think it's funny. It makes her mother request Xanax on occasion because of her youngest daughter's actions. I'm sort of smitten with her. Seven years ago, I was in the delivery room when my sister, Homer, was calling my brother in law, Squeegee Monkey, that she would never have carnal relations with him again. You think she would have known, as this was their second child. Bear is actually a hysterical child, very loving and likes to listen to adult conversations. She talks non-stop until she hears the adults of the house discussing finances (or the lack of), work stuff that's making us crazy or just plain old gossip about townfolk. She said to me today, "Tick, I want you to know this has been a long seven years for me." I laughed at her seriousness but then I realized something. For me, it has been just a blink of an eye. They grow up so fast. As I said, I am smitten. 
Comments:
I try to keep this sort off of here, but I couldn't help it.
 
Well, I'm a sentimental bastard and simply adore this stuff. I'm thinking Bear likely has it figured out better than all of us.

Delightful post.

Best,
Ryan
 
I love you, Aunt Tick.

Bear fucking rocks the house.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Nothing here to see, head to www.newscoma.wordpress.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, Afghanistan
Archives


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]