Newscoma Has Moved
Friday, March 24, 2006
  What's Going On? I am assuming that Frank over at Left of the Dial and I both received the Amber Alerts all day yesterday about a murdered pastor, his missing wife and children and the whole ball of wax surrounding it. (In a side note, I remember working at a radio station that had AP alerts and being the whole only game in town, but now everyone has access to 'breaking' news because of the internet and 24 hour cable news, excluding Fox of course, which is just Conservative Pudding and Screaming.) Actually, after reading his post, he and I appear to be very much on the same page. At my job at the paper, people were talking about this story, and many people there felt that there was no way that the minister's wife could be a suspect. There was a lot of concern whether she and the kids were alive. In all honesty, I smelled a rat yesterday and with the news late last night that she had been found, the mystery of what happened continues. Now don't get me wrong, I don't know if Mary Winkler is guilty of shooting her husband in the back, but there is something very strange going on here. The kids are the key witnesses here, most likely. I feel very sad that they are going through this at such a young age. This will not be, by any stretch of the imagination, pretty. 
Comments:
I'm waiting on the news conference that's about to happen in Selmer.

One thing's for sure: everyone CNN is talking to (church members, the town's mayor, etc.) is completely startled by this.

I first got word of the Amber Alert around 3:30am Thursday morning via fax. At first the alert didn't mention a murder. It just gave a description of the missing woman and three children. It wasn't until I went online did I learn the woman's husband was found dead.

The conversation I had with the nice lady in the tire shop yesterday stuck with me all day. She was so sure some 'bad guy' had this family against their will. I almost told her my true thoughts on it but I held back and figured she'd find out for herself on the news.

I hate to sound cold or callous, but I would be much more shocked by this story if indeed someone else murdered Matthew Winkler and took the wife and three kids hostage.

And I'd bet my next paycheck this all has something to do with adultery.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Nothing here to see, head to www.newscoma.wordpress.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, Afghanistan
Archives


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]