Newscoma Has Moved
Thursday, August 31, 2006
  African Street Festival There is really wonderful festival going on this weekend in Jackson.

Food, music, dance and culture will hit the streets starting tomorrow as the 17th annual African Street Festival kicks off its salute to Gambia.

Opening ceremonies for the festival will begin at 6 p.m. near T.R. White Sportsplex on Hays in East Jackson. Traditional African music, dance and food will mix with current fashion and sounds with performing groups from as far away as Nashville and New Orleans to the festival, expected to draw as many as 40,000 people.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it due to prior commitments, but I recommend you go.

It will be pretty damned cool.

 
Comments:
I love good cultural stuff like that, if I were close by, I would certainly go.. hope you are doing good..hugs to you, you sweet thang
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Nothing here to see, head to www.newscoma.wordpress.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, Afghanistan
Archives


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]